September 2021 – March 2022
Funded by the U.S. Embassy Cape Town, the Craft and Design Institute and Aid to Artisans have partnered together for the Expanding to Export Market Acess Program in South Africa. Expanding to Export MAP prepared South African entrepreneurs in the creative sector to successfully enter the rapidly evolving U.S. Retail Handmade Market. One hundred and thirty (130) creative entrepreneurs from export-ready small businesses directly benefited from enhanced knowledge on trends, changes, and requirements of the market, engaged directly with U.S. industry experts and retail buyers, and built their confidence to grow their businesses despite the impact of Covid-19. The 7-month program included a live online eMarket Readiness Program (eMRP), a Business Intensive process for selected small businesses, and access to recorded eMRP presentations for 50 additional entrepreneurs.
- Conduct eMarket Readiness Program (eMRP) of webinars for 80 creative entrepreneurs
- Conduct a Business Intensive process for 10 selected small businesses. To include small group coaching and 4 one-on-one coaching with business action planning
- Provide online access to recorded eMRP presentations and all training content for 50 creative entrepreneurs who are unable to participate in the eMRP
Accomplishments as of December 1st, 2021
- Completion of the eMarket Readiness Program
- Creation of all course materials of recording of the eMRP made available online to beneficiaries
- Completion of small group coaching for 10 entrepreneurs as part of the Business Intensives process
- Completion of the Business Intensive one-on-one sessions (4 per entrepreneur) for 10 entrepreneurs
Project Lead in the U.S.
Lauren Barkume, Training Director, Aid to Artisans- LaurenB@creativelearning.org
Project Lead in the S.A.
Fran Cox, Manager: Strategic Projects + Funding Support, CDI- Fran.firstname.lastname@example.org