Funded by the US Department of Labor through Creative Associates International, Promise Pathways aims to support efforts to reduce child labor and assist youth of legal working age to secure decent work and provide household members (age 18 and older) with opportunities for improved livelihoods in rural and peri-urban areas of Morocco. The project will also improve the capacity of Morocco’s labor inspectorate to monitor and enforce labor laws in rural agricultural areas where many children and youth work, and strengthen the ability of civil society organization to reduce child labor through service provision and advocacy.
ATA’s role consists of assisting artisan groups in the regions of Marrakech – Tensift – Al Haouza by:
- Delivering a two-week business training on product development, pricing and import/export for families of target youth in the abovementioned regions through a Training of Trainers approach
- Training on product upgrades responding to current market demand
- Providing linkage to local, regional and international markets
Accomplishments as of September 30, 2016
- Conducted a series of assessments aiming to identify the beneficiaries of the project
- 3 Market Readiness Program TM workshops were implemented in Marrakech, Al Haouza, and Chichaoua for over 30 artisan entrepreneurs among whom 11 were women.
- A series of product development workshops were conducted resulting in over 30 new product lines created for the local and tourist markets.
- Completed a series of e-marketing training for 15 artisan entrepreneurs who are now included in e-marketing platform called The Anou.
Project Lead in US
Director of Program Development and Management – ATA Programs
Partners & Collaborators
Creative Associates International