The COVID-19 pandemic is changing the ways the artisan world operates. On April 29, 2020, NY NOW announced they are postponing their August 2020 Summer market, which has long hosted the Market Readiness Program (MRP).
Since the MRP is the most respected and longest-running marketing program for artisan businesses, we decided that it would be wrong to deprive the artisan community of this service. So, after careful consideration, we have decided to move the 2020 MRP online.
Although as we are sad that we will not be seeing you in person in New York this year, we are excited to offer this essential information and immersive program in a new virtual form.
The Market Readiness Program™ (MRP) is a unique hands-on training experience for everyone in the artisan sector. Held every August at NY NOW, the premier Home and Lifestyle trade show, the 4 ½-day program is designed for international artisan producers, designers, exporters as well as the leadership of craft-based enterprises. Our program provides intensive preparation for entry into the U.S. retail market. Learn about the market through in-depth training.
Structure of the U.S. Market
Export Distribution Channels
Global Opportunities & Trends for Handmade
Key Concepts in Product Development & Design
Trends in Color & Design
Green & Sustainable
Marketing Basics & Internet Marketing
Costing & Pricing
Planning for Production & Quality Control
KEY PROGRAM BENEFITS
• Gain insight of the diverse structure of US retail market
• Identify the characteristics of your target market
• Learn directly from industry experts in product development, design and marketing
• Receive product reviews by designers and potential buyers
• Work daily in small groups with industry mentors
• Enjoy daily access to industry-leading Home and Lifestyle trade show
• Develop actionable strategies for your organization/business
• Network with artisans and key stakeholders in the international craft sector
• Transfer the acquired knowledge to members of your organization/business
• Receive your personal Training Manual containing all program materials
EXPERIENCE THE MARKET
Throughout the program, you will have the opportunity to tour one of the most important trade shows in the U.S. retail market, accompanied by an industry mentor who will guide you to discover potential markets opportunities for your products. Each day you will participate in facilitated discussions, analyzing challenges, identifying solutions and sharing best practices with colleagues from around the world. On the last day, guided tours to New York City retailers will reinforce classroom presentations as well as provide onsite opportunities for your own market research. Join the hundreds of men and women, from more than 45 countries, who since 1993 have trained with Aid to Artisans’ Market Readiness Program™.